Is it really a birthday party if there is no cake? Obviously not. While everyone has different tastes, and we’ll admit that some individuals just don’t enjoy birthday cake (for them, try one of these chocolate pie recipes), for the most part, a frosted confection is a correct thing to do.
But that doesn’t mean it has to be dull! Set aside your favorite cake recipe and let these new, simple birthday cake ideas guide you. There are many lovely directions to choose from when making your most celebratory delicious dessert, from Texas sheet cake recipes to lavishly decorated and towering confections. Even better, you don’t need to be an expert baker to execute these greatest birthday cake ideas. From a malted milk ball-inspired spring cake to ice cream cakes and bombs, Froot-Loop cakes, and even a last-minute no-bake cheesecake topped with fresh fruit, there’s bound to be a confection to please.
What else do we like about these recipes? They’re extremely adaptable. If the guest of honor prefers traditional desserts, save the chocolate and vanilla confections for later. Do they enjoy ice cream as well? We’ve also included the simplest yet most delectable ice cream cake recipe. This is your chance to avoid a store-bought dessert in favor of one of the handmade cake recipes listed below. Why? We believe the birthday boy or girl will appreciate the kind gesture of a birthday cake crafted with love—just for them.
Birthday Cake Ideas For Girls & Boys
- Rainbow Twizzler Cake: To make this gorgeous Twizzler Cake, you only need a couple packs of Rainbow Twizzlers and a few minutes. Remember that you may simply use this decorating method on a pre-made cake if you cut your Twizzlers to the correct size.
- Balloon Cake: When it comes to making a balloon cake, you won’t believe how simple it is to do. The secret to this adorable and show-stopping Balloon Cake is a combination of licorice and Nilla wafer biscuits.
- Gumball Machine Cake: The 3D Gumball Machine Cake is a great way to celebrate your child’s birthday and disguise any icing blemishes. This 3D Gumball Machine Cake is made from simple round, square, and sheet cakes, and it’s sure to be a hit with any kid (or grown-up, for that matter!).
- Sixlet Cake: When it comes to cakes, six let cakes are a must-have. They’re chocolate balls with a sugar coating that come in every hue imaginable. Make a lovely Sixlet Cake with your child’s favorite colors by simply placing the Sixlets in a design around the cake!
- Cotton Candy Cake: This pale-hued cake has the most charmingly uneven icing and a simple Cotton Candy topper.
- Marshmallow Cake: There are only a few ingredients needed to make this lovely Marshmallow Cake, including a cake, icing, and plenty of marshmallows.
- Lucky Charms Cake: For those who adore Lucky Charms and rainbows, this Lucky Charms cake is a must-have dessert. It’s like eating a miraculous potion.
- Candy Cake: This candy cake can be made with a store-bought cake and decorated with your child’s favourite sweets.
- Conversation Heart Cake: Using this beautiful Conversation Heart Cake, you may write sweet sentiments all over your child’s cake.
- Pinata Cake: This Pinata Cake’s eye-popping design should not deter you from trying it. It’s simple to make, and when you cut it open, the impact is stunning!
- Twizzler Flower Cake: The Twizzler Flower Cake is ideal for a springtime birthday celebration. Cut coloured Twizzlers into beautiful flowers and butterflies with just a few simple cuts.
- CandyLand Cake: Make a real Candyland Cake out of the popular childhood toy, complete with an abundance of sweets! Sprinkles, airheads, licorice strips, and sweet candies all come together to make this Candyland Cake.
- Kit Kat Cake: If you have a birthday boy or girl coming up, why not make a Kit Kat Cake for them this year? Finished up with a sprinkling of M&Ms and a bow, the whole thing looks like a gift!
- M&Ms Flowers: This cake needs nothing more than a few M&M flowers to make an impression on its guests.
- Woven Cake: This Woven Cake is likely to be a crowd-pleaser thanks to some sour rainbow strips and a little over-under weaving.