No doubt that getting sick is bad enough, but when the bills start piling up, it’s just depressing. Even if you can’t prevent health problems, you can at least protect yourself financially in the event of one by purchasing health insurance. In the event that you become ill, a good health insurance plan will cover your medical bills. Let’s know about what is good health insurance.
What Is Health Insurance?
A state of total mental, physical, and social well-being, rather than merely the absence of illness, is defined as good health. When you live a healthy lifestyle, you can acquire health insurance. You may be unable to obtain a complete health insurance plan for your family members if they are diagnosed with a serious sickness. There are some medical situations that can’t be predicted or avoided.
We, on the other hand, have a wide range of health insurance policies that cater to the needs of our customers.
The majority of medical and surgical treatments to restore good health are covered by health insurance policies, including those incurred as a result of diseases or accidents. To summarise, health insurance plans provide reassurance, quality care, and quick intervention for people in need, all while allowing them to concentrate more on their own recuperation.
Best Health Insurance Plans In India 2021
Popular insurance firms in India offer a wide range of health insurance coverage. Health insurance plans that offer the most benefits in 2022 have been listed below:
- Diabetes Safe Health Insurance Plan
According to a recent poll by the Diabetes Foundation of India, diabetes affects 50.9 million people in India, making it the world’s second-most affected country. Regular in-patient hospitalisation due to illness/accidents and diabetes complications from Type 1/Type 2 is covered by Star Diabetes Safe Health Insurance Plans. People with a history of diabetes should follow this strategy, which is tailored specifically for them. Individual and family floater coverage is available for diabetic complications and any other sickness that necessitates a minimum of 24 hours in the hospital under the plan.
- Super Surplus Top-Up Health Insurance Plan(Gold Plan)
Even the strongest coverage isn’t enough during a pandemic. It’s a top-up plan that covers medical expenses that exceed a predetermined level. Costly medical bills will be covered by this plan’s low premiums up to an insured sum of one crore rupees. Super Surplus Top-Up can be purchased on an individual or family basis, so you can protect your loved ones as well.
- Cardiac Care Platinum Health Insurance Plan
All the extra attention and protection you can give your heart is much appreciated. It’s a one-of-a-kind health insurance plan for those between the ages of 7 and 70 who have been diagnosed with a heart condition or have undergone cardiac surgery.
- Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
The Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan, as its name implies, is a comprehensive health insurance policy that can provide coverage for the entire family from the time of enrollment at age 18 until age 65, with the added bonus of being renewable indefinitely.
This star health insurance plan offers several insured-amount options for individuals and families with individual and family floater coverage. A minimum of 5 lakhs and a maximum of 1 crore can be selected by individuals and families, depending on their requirements.
- Senior Citizen Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan
A good health insurance coverage for senior individuals aged 60 to 75 is the Star Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan. For the aged, the policy has a lifelong renewal option that covers a variety of daycare procedures and treatments, pre-existing ailments, current treatments, and important medical interventions. With a total insured of 15 lakhs or more, a 30-percent copayment is applied to all medical claims, and cataract surgeries are exempt from this co-payment.
- Family Health Optima (Floater) Health Insurance Plan
It’s not always easy to meet the financial demands of taking care of one’s family. As a result, you may want to consider a “super saver” policy that keeps costs low while yet providing coverage for your entire family. Even the youngest members of your family can benefit from the FHO (Floater) Health Insurance Plan, which is reasonably priced. Protect your newborn from medical issues as early as the 16th day of birth with in-hospital expenditures covered.
Why Purchase The Best Health Insurance Plan?
With healthcare costs on the rise, it’s more important than ever to secure the finest possible coverage in case you ever find yourself in need of expensive medical care. To ensure that you and your family have a healthy and happy future, health insurance policies are meant to protect you and your loved ones against unexpected medical expenses. While purchasing health insurance policies, you may have difficulty deciding which one to choose among the many available options.
When it comes to finding the right insurance policy for your medical needs, many online websites are here to help! Comparing and selecting the best health insurance plan for you and your family that covers your medical expenditures, daycare costs, coronavirus treatment, and critical illness treatment, among other things, is one way to locate the greatest health insurance coverage.
The Best Health Insurance Plan Add-ons
Health insurance add-ons are supplemental benefits and coverage that are not included in a health insurance plan’s basic benefits and must be purchased separately for a small additional fee. These add-ons or riders increase both the benefits and the sum insured of predetermined health insurance plans. A single plan’s premium for additional health insurance should not, however, exceed 30% of the original plan’s premium. Several common add-ons to excellent health insurance policies will be discussed below.
- Maternity and Newborn Cover: All expenses related to pregnancy and childbirth are covered by this additional policy. Hospitalization and surgical fees during childbirth can vary greatly depending on the facility you are admitted to. In addition, the child’s medical care may be an ongoing expense in the months to come. Having an extra cover like this is a godsend in such a predicament.
- Hospital Cash Cover: Insured individuals are granted a daily monetary allowance by their insurance provider while they are in the care of a hospital. This covers up to Rs. 10,000 per day in daily hospital expenditures for a maximum of 30 days in a policy year. For diagnostic and medical expenses not covered by the standard policy, this add-on pays out. This ensures your financial stability while you are in the hospital as well as after you are released.
- Critical Illness Add-on Cover: A serious or life-threatening sickness is covered by this additional insurance, which pays out a lump sum if the illness is diagnosed. In addition to the money insured, it provides additional coverage up to Rs. 10 lakhs. This insurance protects you from financial ruin by covering the price of treatment for major illnesses like cancer, cardiovascular disease, and so on.
- Emergency Ambulance Services: Under the emergency ambulance add-on, the costs of a road ambulance to transport the patient to the hospital of your choosing can be covered regardless of what kind of medical emergency occurs. This policy covers the cost of an emergency ambulance up to Rs. 30,000 or possibly more, allowing you to receive the best possible care at any hospital.
- OPD Add-on Cover: An OPD add-on insurance is essential to save money by offering reimbursements for doctor consultation fees, dental treatment, ophthalmology, and optical care, and so on. As a result of the present pandemic, it provides coverage for online consultations from certified doctors.
- Room Rent Waiver: If you have health insurance coverage that includes a sub-limit on hospital room rent, you can either increase that amount or opt to have no sub-limit on room rent.
How To Figure Out The Cost Of A Health Insurance Policy?
In a few minutes, using an online health insurance premium calculator, you may find out the cost of any policy’s premium.
- Click on ‘Health’ from any health insurance provider’s website.
- Once you’ve entered your personal information (name and email address), click on the ‘View Instant Quote’ option to get an immediate price quote.
- The characteristics and premiums of various health insurance plans will be shown in the policy quotes.
- You can change your plan and the premium amount by adding some add-on covers, discounts, and so on.
- Decide on the most cost-effective health insurance plan and premium based on your personal and financial needs and budget.
What Are The Factors That Affect Best Health Insurance Plans Premium
Health insurance premiums are influenced by a number of factors, including the following:
- Age: According to the rule of thumb, the older a person is, the more likely they are to become ill, and hence the higher the premium.
- Past Medical History: If you have a history of a pre-existing condition, your insurance premium will be higher, and if you don’t, your premium would be lower.
- Policy Duration: The length of the policy is a major factor in determining the cost of the coverage. The premium for long-term insurance is lower, but it may rise if the policy is shortened.
- Injurious Substance: There are several insurers who would raise premium rates for persons who smoke, chew, or snuff because they are more concerned about them contracting life-threatening diseases like cancer.
- Profession: Construction workers, for example, and those who operate in high-risk situations like nuclear power plants or nuclear reactors could see an increase in their insurance premiums since they are more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease and other serious health problems.
How To Buy A Health Insurance Policy Online?
The process of purchasing health insurance coverage online is really simple and fast. In just three simple steps, you can get a plan here.
Step 1: Enter Your Name and Email Address.
In order to see the best health insurance plans for your needs, you must provide all the necessary personal information.
Step 2: Find and Compare Health Insurance Options on the Internet
The health insurance quotes you receive should be compared to identify the one that best fits your needs and budget.
Step 3: Pay For Your Order Online. Use a payment method of your choice to pay for the policy online and receive the policy paperwork through email immediately.
Eligibility Criteria For Health Insurance Plan
For health insurance coverage, here are some eligibility requirements to consider:
A health insurance policy can be purchased from the age of 18 all the way up to the age of 65. It can, however, go up to 70 and above, depending on the insurance company. Also, a child’s coverage under a health plan often begins between the ages of 16 and 18.
In order to purchase health insurance after the age of 45, you may need to undergo a number of medical exams. Based on the insurers that provide the plan, pre-existing condition declarations may be required in the absence of a medical test.
Documents required for health insurance
Obtaining health insurance is as simple as submitting the following paperwork:
- Age Proof: In order to be eligible for a health insurance policy, you must be at least the stipulated entry age, which means you must present identification as proof of your age. The following documents can be used to prove your age:
- Pan Card
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Birth certificate
- 10 or 12th Marksheet
- Identify Proof: In order to verify the authenticity of the claimant, your insurer will need to see this document. You can provide any of the following as proof of your identity:
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Address Proof: In order to communicate with you, your insurance provider needs evidence of your postal address. Any of the following documents will do:
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration card
- Driving license
- Rent agreement
- Electricity bills or telephone bills
- Proposal form duly filled in and signed
- Medical reports
- Passport-size photographs